Lately I’ve had a bit of a hard time figuring out what to write about. I’ve had several things on my mind but getting them down is another story. But I’m here!
Ever since we came back from our trip I’ve been struggling. Struggling with the fact that it’s summer and I want my kids to have fun but with so many littles we really have limited choices. I’ve struggled with where to start on the house and keeping up the mess. I’ve struggled to keep the kids from killing each other. I’ve struggled to find routine again. But the truth is…I CAN’T DO IT ALL. I can’t put all my time and energy and focus on everything! I know these things but sometimes I need a reminder. With Thomas in school and Ava being awake more, I need to continue to focus what’s important!
So here are 6 reasons why my house will stay messy for the foreseable future.
1. My husband is in school to secure a better future for us and I support that. But that means I may have to fill in the gap and truly be his help meet in this season.
2. My children need me…. and they need me in my best frame of mind. When I am stressed out I’m not happy, I’m not very kind or patient either. When I’m trying to do EVERYTHING my mood and behaivior is rather embarrassing.
3. I have 6 children under 8 (until next month). But I have 3 that are 3 and under my 23 month old and 3 year old are still very clingy and need me to sit for snuggles quite a bit. When I’m thinking about all I have to do I’m short with them and I rush our time and I basically give them the idea that I don’t want that time with them which is totally not true. Not counting a nursing baby who obviously needs me day and night often.
4.We homeschool. We are always here living, playing, working, eating, everything. The kids have chores and we accomplish them 75 or 80% of the time but sometimes we don’t and that’s has to be ok.
5. I want to be able to play with my kids. I want to take the babies out to the kiddie pool even if the counter is full of dishes instead of saying no for the second day in a row because mommy has to much to do. I want to take them to the park, or library without feeling guilty. I want to enjoy them before im to busy and worried about writing college transcripts lol.
6. I want to enjoy my family and myself without feeling stressed and worried, wondering when I swept away the cobwebs or mopped the floor. The for with get mopped when someone spilles something. The dishes will get done after the kids go to bed UNLESS my hubby isn’t doing school work and if not they’ll get done Saturday afternoon.
The house will get picked up, decluttered, and cleaned a million times over the years, not all at once or at the same time but itll get done in small increments over time. But as for me and my house we are going to live, and have fun and grow together!